Personally I use Gnome, so I would rather that Mageia would not become
too KDE-centric. (Actually I use Mozilla Seamonkey instead of Mozilla
Firefox, but that is another question.)
If Kmail/Konqueror is installed by default, then the enormous KDE
libraries must be installed, all of which I (or any other Gnome user)
will have to remove.
If there is a default browser installed, is much better if it is
KDE/Gnome agnostic, like Firefox.
(i.e. does not require either KDE or Gnome.)

As far as extensions go, I agree to leave that to the user. With Mozilla
(Firefox or Thunderbird or Seamonkey), any extension can be installed
from inside the program, with a few clics. Even saves making any RPMs
for the extensions.
(I would make localisation extensions an exception.)

- André (andre999)

I am not sure anymore, but I thought I had read somewhere that Mageia would be a KDE-centric distro "à la Mandriva", but still offer Gnome etc. if the user wished to install it.

Someone?

Marc