Michael Scherer skrev 30.11.2010 14:23:
Le mardi 30 novembre 2010 à 07:50 -0300, Balcaen John a écrit :
Le mardi 30 novembre 2010 07:37:42, Thomas Backlund a écrit :
So, after reading all different opinions here and discussing with
founders, here is the idea:

We start of with  3 medias: core, nonfree, tainted and 3 debug medias:
debug_core, debug_nonfree, debug_tainted. In order to avoid confusion,
we wont use the name "restricted" as it was used in MDV commercial
products.

[...]

We wont blindly import every package from cooker, instead  we'll
start off the import with basesystem (as in bootable system with
shell access), compiler and rpm tools (and of course their buildtime
depencies). When all of that is imported and rebuilt, we have a working
buildsystem / base to build from.
Are you (not specifically you thomas :p)  going to check again the basesystem
dependencies/requirements, if i remember correctly the basesystem in mandriva is
not anymore a « real » basesystem ?

The explicit goal is to be able to boot, and start bash. Not bash and be
able to do anything useful with it :)
( ok, maybe a script with /dev/tcp to say "hello" on irc ).

So if basesystem as a rpm is not enough, we will import what is needed
to complete it.

or basesystem-minimal :)

--
Thomas