Am 17.01.2011 23:50, schrieb Per Øyvind Karlsen:
2011/1/17 Florian Hubold<doktor5...@arcor.de>:
I have one comment, or more of a question: Why is it that some time ago
there used to be this syntax as de-facto standard:

%define name
Name: %name

Never understood this, so i went with what seems the new standard,
which saves you at least 3 lines per spec and improving readability.

So anyone can enlighten me why name, release and version had %defines?
Legacy practice which got stuck with some...

'Name: foo' will always define %{name} now (which has been the case for ages),
so there's no longer use in doing this anymore.
It mainly adds unnecessary obscurity and confusion, please just drop this.

--
Regards,
Per Øyvind

Thanks for the info, just what i thought.