Pascal Terjan a écrit :

I hate submenus, I always fail to navigate them properly (move the
mouse out and switch to other higher level menu and have to go back
and go down again in the submenu) Having submenus will usually make it
5 or 6 quick upsetting steps instead of 1 long one.

I have the same problem.
Multilevel menus require a lot more manual dexterity.

I recently switched from the default Mandriva to Gnome menus just to try it, and I find the fewer levels in Gnome menus much much better.
(Gnome uses smaller icons, which helps a lot for menu length)

--
André