Michael Scherer wrote:
Le jeudi 10 mars 2011 à 16:44 +0100, xi a écrit :
Michael Scherer wrote:
Le jeudi 10 mars 2011 à 11:00 +0100, Anne nicolas a écrit :
Hi there

I've tried to formalize a list of missing packages:
http://mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=missing_packages

These are packages included in rpmsrate file but not available in
Mageia. So basically they should be included in isos depending on
weight. Please follow pattern if you want to contribute it will help
also to clean rpmsrate.

These packages are not mandatory but please do not forget to add
reason if there are not to be imported.
I think we should do some cleaning. - zcip is dead upstream ( but I imported before seeing this ) - rpm-rebuilder is IMHO not used much - zaptel-* are deprecated, that's now called dadhi - rio500, does people still have this hardware ?
- sndconfig, same question ( afaik, it serve to configure isa sound
cards )

There is also a lot of hardware related software, can people check if
this is still used ?
Hi,

Sorry to disturb your discussion. Just a few word about me : I am following this list since the beginning and I am a "from the outset" mandrake / mandriva user.

You don't disturb, no problem.

The reason for my e-mail: I am still using sndconfig on PIII machines in ordre to configure the sound, so please don't remove it.

The more global goal of my messages is : please don't remove packages that you think "useless" too fast. The availability of these "small details" (as sndconfig) are the thinks that makes me feeling happy or angry about a distribution ;-)

So I assume that you ( or tux99 ) are ready to test it, or better to
maintain it ?

Because I do not have the hardware to test, do not plan to try to find
it, and my time is quite limited. So I will not work on it if I cannot
check that it work, and if no one does the job, it doesn't happen by
itself.

Same as Tux99 here: I have two old PIII PC with ISA sound cards, both running a mandriva 2008 for multimedia purposes.

Ok to test, but I can't promise I will do that as fast as you would need...
Basically, I will test alpha2 ISO and report whether this package works or not. Is it ok for the Mageia "schedule"?

Xavier