Am 21.03.2011 14:47, schrieb Stefano Negro:
I am trying to install mageia on the same disk of ubuntu and I wonder
why they have a different version on grub.
I have seen version 1 in mageia and 2 in ubuntu.
If i's the only option to configure manually the grub of ubuntu to point
to the kernel of mageia, this it's very bad in my opinion.
Thanks

--
Bye
Stblack

The last time I installed Ubuntu (one year ago, i think) it detected my mandriva installation and set it up in the grub. Nevertheless it doesn't worked and I had to manipulate grub2 according to boot mandriva. But that was/is a known bug in (ubuntus) grub2.

Regards,
Thorsten