Philippe DIDIER a écrit :

To Christiaan Welvaart

You uploaded iceape 2.0.12...
and it obsoleted seamonkey 2.0.13 that ennael had uploaded 2 days
before...

to be more precise :
iceape 2.0.12 replaces seamonkey 2.0.13
iceape-irc replaces seamonkey-irc
iceape-dom replaces seamonkey-dom
iceape-mail replaces seamonkey-mail
iceape-js-debugger replaces seamonkey-js-debugger
iceape-spellchecker replaces seamonkey-spellchecker

but
seamonkey-enigmail and seamonkey-enigmime are still present !
Maybe this will create some problems ?

Anyway, the source that Ennael used was more recent, and it is a little
desappointing to get an obsolete version of the source with Iceape (does
it need to be rebuilt with the last source ?)

Nevertheless, I was surprised with the fact that Iceape comes 2 days after
Ennael had pushed Seamonkey and that this makes her work vanish...
(trademark and licence problems were discussed a month ago but I didn't
understand a clear status was decided )

Seems it needs to be clarified.

Sorry to disturb if it's already clear for everyone...
Philippe

Firefox and Thunderbird can be installed at the same time as
Seamonkey without problem.
As well, multiple versions of Seamonkey can be installed (but probably not run) at the same time, as long as they go into different directories
(which I do on my system)

So I think that Iceape should NOT obsolete Seamonkey.

(Of course this also means that it should be ensured that there are no conflicts -- but that should be the case, as Seamonkey files are stored in the installation directory + ~/mozilla/seamonkey/. )

--
André