On Fri, 10 Jun 2011, Olav Vitters wrote:

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 04:15:01PM +0200, Christiaan Welvaart wrote:
https://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/RemovingLaFiles

"... but the dirty hacks that jhbuild plays ..."

Problems with dirty hacks are NOT a valid reason to remove libtool
convenience libraries aka .la files.

Seems you skipped the initial bit, where it explains that the .la has
the full path.

What's wrong with those paths? I'm saying the problem is in gnome-shell, not in the .la files.

Seems some distributions misunderstand the need and changed the wiki
page. Removing .la files is needed however, otherwise you'll quickly mix
distribution installed libraries and self-compiled libraries.

What are you talking about here?

<gnome-shell stuff>

So you are really talking only about gnome-shell, which I can't even test because apparently it doesn't work in a VM. It is now packaged, so you don't need to build it.

    Christiaan