Le 13/06/2011 17:37, Dale Huckeby a écrit :

The consensus so far seems to be:

6 months is too short
12 months is too long
9 months is juuuuust about right

You have to choose your public, 6 months is for geeks, 12 months is for everybody, these people who aren't IT technicians. The installation of the new release is always something dangerous and worrying because there is always the codecs, the nets or some applications without rpm package. Moreover, the hardware evolution is slowing down and doesn't need so closed together releases. I would prefer devs doing more different things less often that devs doing more often the same things, that isn't going ahead. Take care also, not developing things without any documentation, let this specialty to KDE. I would like also that devs give more importance to the installation by update than to the new installation (too much work to configure, desk, mail, ML, nets, backups, specific applications to be installed by hand like Geneanet or Rawtherapee...)
For all that, 12 months is already very short.

Lebarhon