Am 07/03/2011 12:23 PM, schrieb Samuel Verschelde:
Le samedi 2 juillet 2011 03:02:24, andre999 a écrit :
Samuel Verschelde a écrit :
Le samedi 2 juillet 2011 01:07:00, Samuel Verschelde a écrit :
Le vendredi 1 juillet 2011 22:49:29, andre999 a écrit :
nicolas vigier a écrit :
On Fri, 01 Jul 2011, andre999 wrote:
[...]

Would something like co...@pmentoring.mageia.org be Ok ?

No, f...@group.mageia.org with foo replaced by the group name.

Presumably I would manage the group, which would include at least
magnus + Daniel. So who should I talk to about setting it up ?
Would I be able to add new persons myself, or would I have to request
it ?

What would be the use of this group and alias ?
Shouldn't most discussions be public, so on a mailing list ?

This would be for potential packager apprentices or others to easily
contact all members the mentoring coordinator team.
So one of us can respond quickly, mostly to update our
packages_mentoring wiki page.  (Which will be ready in the next few
days.)
We could also use it to discuss among ourselves, which we now do by
private email. So it wouldn't be of general interest.  We wouldn't want
those outside our group responding to messages received, like in a
public mailing list.
(The group might include a few outside our team.)
(It could include mentors, but they will see useful info on our wiki
page.) A restricted-access mailing list should work.

I don't think there's a need for restricted access, and it would be
opposite to the way we try to do everything in the open.

What you need is
1) a way to be contacted directly by those who need (apprentices)
2) a way to discuss within members of the team, but maybe other people
too if some want to join the discussion

For 1), I think your @mageia.org address once you will get one is
sufficient. It's only one means of communication among others (MLs,
forums, wiki), so I don't think a group is necessarily needed for that.
You can still forward requests you can't handle yourself.

That being said, I have nothing against the use of a group for that, but
only as a contact e-mail, not for discussion, or only for sensitive
discussion about specific persons.

That was exactly the purpose -- one contact point !
(Which we can put in various documentation, etc.)
That way if I'm not available -- on holidays, sick or whatever, I could
alert the others to ensure a fast response.  And they could always help
out if they wanted.
And if someone takes my place, it would be a transparent changeover.

Sensitive discussion could happen with the group, but we could use direct
contact as well.
(We've been doing a bit in private setting up, but I see that as mostly
temporary.  Other than sensitive issues, I would see it as mostly
coordination among ourselves.)

Otherwise I would prefer everything in the open.
(And I'm sure the others would agree.)

For 2), I don't know what is better :
- use an existing mailing list
- create a new one

mageia-dev seems good.  We can just try to limit it to a few threads at a
time.

I think you must try to use direct e-mail among you only when there's a
good reason to avoid public discussion. Saying that it's not of general
interest is not a good enough reason, I think. Do you have other reasons
for wanting a private mailing list ?

Agree totally.  No need.

So in summary, it seems that we should have a group for contacts.
(Say pmentoring-co...@group.mageia.org ?)
And no need to add a mailing list.

This e-mail seems complicated. What about packager-mentor...@group.mageia.org
?