On 08/07/11 06:37, Ahmad Samir wrote:
Hello.

I've had a rather vague idea about standardising the virtual provides
in the distro, there should be:
Provides: %{name}-devel
Provides: lib%{name}-devel

either both of them in _all_ packages, or one of them in _all_
packages, so that we don't have to check urpmq --provides all the
time. Personally, I am more inclined on having them both, so as not to
break already working specs.

WDYT?

Hi! YES!!!!!!!

As a Padawan, this was one of my first troubles, to find the correct -devel package name. Some packages have even different --provides according to the arch :-/

Both "Provides" are certainly the best, but we may recommend the usage of only one of type in Requires: lib%{name}-devel?

Cheers,
Chris.