On Sat, 30 Jul 2011, Michał Walenciak wrote:

I've two PCs with the same RaLink 3062 WiFi card.
Those cards are currently (since kernel 2.6.38 or 37) supported by kernel
(modules marked as stable).

The problem is that on one of the computers I've debian testing with 2.6.39
kernel and it automatically loads proper modules and WiFi card works, and on
Mageia PC nothing happens.

I tried both 2.6.38 and 3.0.0 kernels (on Mageia) and:
* no module is loaded automatically
* even if I load proper module manually, nothing happens (module seems to be
somehow not related to proper device)

Check dmesg for info, especially an error msg about a firmware file. You may need one of the following packages from the nonfree section:
rt2860-firmware
rt2870-firmware
rt3090-firmware
rt61-firmware
rt73-firmware
kernel-firmware-extra (for rt3070.bin and rt3071.bin)

    Christiaan