On 23.11.2011 20:43, Pascal Terjan wrote:
On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 15:34, philippe makowski
<[email protected]>  wrote:
2011/11/23 Funda Wang<[email protected]>:
The problem is, why we are shipping a dead package?
Dead ?
https://bitbucket.org/troorl/pino3/

not sure it is dead

It is dead as in "build errors reported 1 year ago have not been fixed
yet even if the developer commits a few changes every few months and
patches are available in the bug tracker".

See https://bitbucket.org/troorl/pino3/issue/17/build-error#comment-472096
for example or 
https://bitbucket.org/troorl/pino3/issue/4/patch-for-some-more-ambiguous-reference

The developper has been quite active when he started the project in
september 2010, again at christmas last year, and spent a few hours on
it every few months since...
I would not expect a working release before a few years if it ever happens...
There was a message about one year ago from a user: "just compiled pino.3.....I am not a fan. its barely functional. missing my old light twitter client pino .2.11... ", and the author replied "What can I say? It is on the early stage of developing."
Source http://pino-app.appspot.com/discussion

So I don't except a serious change in the code, maybe it would be better to provide pino2 and patch against newer libs. The newest Ubuntu provides it in the 2nd release.

Reply via email to