Le 30/11/2011 02:21, andre999 a écrit :
Michel Catudal a écrit :
Le 29/11/2011 19:40, Funda Wang a écrit :

Does the idea include removing srpm also?

在 2011-11-30 上午2:07,"nicolas vigier" <[email protected] 
<mailto:[email protected]>> 写道:

    Hello,

    When a package is no longer supported, without being replaced by an
    other package, and needs to be removed from the distribution, the
    current procedure is :
     - move the package on svn to obsolete directory
     - ask a sysadmin to manually remove the package from repositories

    Instead of asking a sysadmin to do it, I propose that we create a
    package task-obsolete, with obsoletes on all packages that need to be
    removed, so that the removing of the package will be done by youri.
    I think it would be better :
     - anybody with commit access can do it without asking a sysadmin
     - we can have a list and logs of packages dropped since previous Mageia
      release, which can be useful when writting release notes
     - users who don't want to keep unsupported packages installed on their
      system can install the package to remove them

    What do you think ?

How about putting back previously unsupported packages? The only text editor 
that I use is joe and someone has decided to remove it from Mageia.
I took the Redhat Enterprise version and ported it to mageia. For a while the 
maintainers of joe has incorporated a bug that would make it such that it would 
core dump if you tried to open more than one file at a time.
I am willing to maintain this package.

Michel

No problem, since you are willing to maintain it, as long as it makes it past 
QA.
(Which means the core dump problem would have to be solved, if not already.)

It would be  an update to cauldron, and a backport for Mageia 1 (unless it was 
in Mandriva 2010.1/2, in which case it would be an update).

I think that the one in Mandriva core dumped. It doesn't on Centos, Scientific 
Linux or Fedora 15.
I would not update it to anything that core dumps. This was not just a problem on Mandriva but also on Ubuntu, SuSE and Fedora. I don't understand why some people thinks that when it has compiled, it is done considering that this particular core dump was very obvious.

Michel


--
For OS/2 and Linux Software visit
http://home.comcast.net/~mcatudal

Reply via email to