Le jeudi 8 décembre 2011 06:02:59, Juan Luis Baptiste a écrit : > On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 12:22 PM, zezinho <[email protected]> wrote: > > Le jeudi 1 décembre 2011 06:45:56, Juan Luis Baptiste a écrit : > >> One way to accomplish this could be to redefine Version and Release in > >> the game subpackages, but I don't know if this ok to do, thinking in > >> future updates of the ioquake3 main package or changes in any of the > >> game subpackages. Or just redefine Version and use the same Release > >> tag (currently svn2102.0), I really don't know how to handle this. > > > > I think you should not do subpackages then, but separate downloader > > package for each game as we do for flash-player-plugin. > > Ok, I splitted each game into it's separate package as you suggested, > leaving only inside ioquake3 the engine per-se and the quake 3 demo, > and put in separate packages Urban Terror, World Of Padman and Smokin' > Guns. All of this packges only contain the necesary scripts to > autodownload at first run the data files of the game. They where > pushed to the BS and should be already available on mirrors. > > I'll apply the same autodownload technique to fix the Sauerbraten > issue and to other games that also use the ioquake3 engine but have > issues with the game data files too. > > Please test and have fun !!
Question : what happens once a game is updated upstream and that we provide a new "empty" package ? Will the data files be autodownloaded at next run ? Samuel
