On Sat, 17 Dec 2011 15:21:14 -0500, Colin Guthrie <mag...@colin.guthr.ie> wrote:

Dracut should install all dynamic libs needed by apps. Which app needs
this library specifically?

When I tried to boot after running dracut with the default config, I
was dropped to a shell, with the non-lvm root mounted.

I then tried running "/sbin/lvm vgchange -a y --ignorelockingfailure",
and it failed due to the missing libncursesw.so.5 module.

Now that I think about it, a bit more, I think I had already been
chrooted into the root, so since /usr hadn't been mounted, of course
the module could not be accessed.  Something else must have gone wrong
before the chroot, that I didn't see.

So I've got the necessary lib... I wonder if this is a side effect of me
having lib64ncursesw-devel-5.9-2.mga2 installed (i.e. the dev package)?
Perhaps it's someone the key to including the right lib? Perhaps you can
test by installing the 32 bit devel package and seeing if the lib is
then included automatically?

I'll test that, and report back.

Regards, Dave Hodgins