Maarten Vanraes a écrit :
Op maandag 06 februari 2012 08:50:21 schreef Sander Lepik:
06.02.2012 09:38, Funda Wang kirjutas:
And, don't forget, we still have a package named firefox-beta. If we
stick with FF10, then some day we will come to a situation of
firefox-10.0.4 and firefox-beta-15b1 for Mageia 2, which is
unacceptable. Or, we should make an exception on firefox-beta, it
should be obsoleted by updated firefox for stable distros.

The long-term support versions just obsolete lower-numbered non-long-term-support versions.

Indeed, firefox-beta must be obsoleted on stable release like chrome's
similar versions are as we don't have maintaner who wants to keep them
up-to-date on stable releases.
I agree with D.Morgan that if we want to continue with ESR version then
cauldron will stay on 10.0 (not sure how we can have newer versions of
beta if they depend on the same packages).
And it's also true that we will lose some users if they don't want to
use tarball version and will pick distro that can keep browsers
up-to-date. Sad, but true.

(Funda, can you please stop top-posting. This is rude man!)

--
Sander
possibly if someone has time, they could try to maintain/backport the non-ESR

but imho, if people want the latest, they don't wait for packagers to
finish+test it in one week, the get upstream version...

so the other persons are fine with ESR versions... imho

+1
I doubt that we will lose any (or many) users interested in the latest version, as all distros will be faced with this time lag relative to upstream.

--
André