Colin Guthrie skrev 15.2.2012 16:31:
'Twas brillig, and Thierry Vignaud at 15/02/12 12:30 did gyre and gimble:
On 15 February 2012 11:09, Thomas Backlund<t...@mageia.org>  wrote:
Of course that still leaves distro upgrades, but maybe that can be handled
in the installer or by adding versionated conflicts to kernel
to help urpmi figure out the order to update...

I think the best thing would make kernel conflict with older
drakcut/udev/lvm2/dm*

Well,
all kernels already requires(pre) a versioned dracut, so that is covered. I just bump that as needed...

Aye.

Tradeoff is that we've to maintain those for all kernel flavors...

Time for a task-initramfs?

Or maybe add the conflicts on dracut as that is the package we "worry about"...

--
Thomas