Thomas Backlund a écrit :
14.02.2012 21:50, Juan Luis Baptiste skrev:
On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 2:45 PM, Guillaume Rousse
<guillomovi...@gmail.com>  wrote:
Le 14/02/2012 19:58, Juan Luis Baptiste a écrit :

Can you check if systemd has forked mingetty for the
text consoles yet?

I'm using sysvinit not systemd.
Try systemd then...

But isn't sysvinit to be the default for mga 2 and the switch to
systemd is going to be for mga 3 ? or I'm missing something ?

systemd will be default for Mageia 2

sysvinit is only a fallback for systems that dont work with systemd "yet"...

sysvinit (and mkinitrd) will be completely removed as soon as Cauldron
opens up again after Mageia 2 release.
--
Thomas

As I understood it, it was explicitly decided that systemd was to be an option for mga2, with sysvinit remaining the default.
And hopefully systemd was to be the default for mga3, with sysvinit removed.

Also, cauldron switched temporarily to systemd as default in order to more fully test it. But to revert to sysvinit as the default for mga2 release.

When did this change ?

--
André