Am 06.03.2012 21:46, schrieb Oliver Burger:
Am 06.03.2012 21:43, schrieb Florian Hubold:
Am 06.03.2012 16:54, schrieb Anssi Hannula:
06.03.2012 17:12, Oliver Burger kirjoitti:
Hi,

I am currently thinking about dropping kaffeine from the repositories
for Mga2.
The reason is some upstream bug - reported as #1934 in Mageia bugzilla
and in several other distributions as well without any solution
upstream.
So kaffeine is rather instable right now and there seems not to be a
real active development on it. In addition, there are many good
alternatives for kaffeine, e.g. the different mplayer guis or vlc.

Any opinions on it?
Kaffeine has superior DVB support which works out-of-the-box (i.e.
without manual command-line tinkering, just scan for channels via the
GUI), that e.g. MPlayer GUIs or VLC do not have.

I've not used kaffeine since a long time, i prefer me-tv, it's just
as easy to use, maybe even easier and i like the embedded EPG
shown in windowed mode. It's also actively developed.
As Anne showed with her link, kaffeine's development is moving on again. So let't leave it in the repos for now.

Oliver

For clarification, my comment was not for or against kaffeine,
as i don't use it, i've got no strong opinion so far. Just wanted
to present another alternative.