On 03/12/2012 09:06 AM, Samuel Verschelde wrote:
Hi,

Just a quick reminder that the version and release of a package in cauldron
must ALWAYS be higher (or equal) to that in Mageia 1. Otherwise we cannot

I would explicitely add to this to check also updates, backports
_and_ testing repos...

guarantee upgrade from Mageia 1 to Mageia 2. Since we are in version freeze
we must check this with more accuracy.

Packagers, let's keep this (obvious) rule in mind (I'm not sure it's
enforced in the buildsystem yet, but I may be wrong).

QA Team, before validating an update, please check the version in cauldron.

BTW : do we have a check.mageia.org page to spot packages for which this is
not the case, if there are any?

Maybe this reminder is not useful at all, but I think it's always better to
send it rather than not.

Best regards

Samuel "Gives lessons and does nothing" Verschelde

--
J.A. Magallon <jamagallon()ono!com>        \               Winter is coming...