On Wed, 21 Mar 2012 03:41:00 -0400, simple w8 <[email protected]> wrote:
But i think it would be better to have in diskdrake some option allowing the user to choose the cypher, since the default cypher used in cryptsetup and in other apps that support luks, is cbc, and this way diskdrake is putting it incompatible with remaning apps that support luks.
Agreed. Go ahead and write a patch! :-) Sorry, but my perl knowledge is very limited. Looking through the code, I can usually figure out what it's doing, I was able to create the patch that simply added the --cipher option to the existing code in diskdrake, but altering the dialog to add selection of which cipher to use, would probably take me a very long time. You should probably open an enhancement bug report, requesting the change, that can then be assigned to the diskdrake maintainer. Btw, I had no idea that luks encryption was compatible with truecrypt. Thanks for that info. Regards, Dave Hodgins
