Le 25/03/2012 19:08, Colin Guthrie a écrit :
'Twas brillig, and Luc Menut at 25/03/12 17:35 did gyre and gimble:
Le 25/03/2012 17:45, r...@mageia.org a écrit :
Revision
     226393
Author
     colin

[...]

+%triggerpostun backend -- drakxtools-backend<   14.1-2
+if [ -w /boot/grub/menu.lst ]; then
+  if grep -q splash= /boot/grub/menu.lst; then
+    echo"Migrating kernel commandline bootsplash arguments in grub"
+    sed -i 's/ splash=silent / splash quiet /;s/ splash=silent$/
splash quiet/;s/ splash=verbose / /;s/ splash=verbose$//;'
/boot/grub/menu.lst
+  fi
+fi
+

IIUC this script, you update splash=silent&  splash=verbose in
/boot/grub/menu.lst for all the lines.
What happens if we have entries for mga1 or other distros in the same
grub menu.lst ?
Aren't you going to break all these entries with such update?

Personaly, I use the same /boot/grub/menu.lst for mga 1 and cauldron.

Yeah, good point.

Any suggestions on how to do this more gracefully?

Nope.

Is this trigger needed for an upgrade mga1->mga2? or is it only for cauldron update? If it's only for cauldron, I think that it would be safer to drop the trigger.

Luc

--
Luc Menut