On 25/09/12 21:54, David Walser wrote:

This topic came up in the packagers meeting.  It was stated that:
- the change was initiated by Thierry Vignaud (tv)
- the change was also done in Fedora

Ah, thanks for the infos!
Although I think the first reason is a good reason (tv), the second is not. Have you seen their logo, it looks like facebook :)))

Possibilities:
1) revert this change
2) someone put their foot down and decide we're sticking with this
Also, if it's really that bothersome for some people, maybe it would
be good to have an easy way for users to change this locally.

Personally 1); but 2) + a user-friendly way to change it is good too.

cheers,
chris.