On 26.12.2012 23:54, Thomas Backlund wrote:

Hi,

I'm thinking of dropping the nonfree prebuilt broadcom-wl drivers
(and thereby their "support" from live images)

This means also dropping them from ldetect-lst, and if we keep/add
some there, it must be for specific reason and on sub-vendor/device
level to not force the wl stuff on everyone...

The rationale is:
[...]
6. dkms-broadcom-wl will still be available on mirrors and
   on traditional install dvds in nonfree section
   (new feature for mga3)
As far as 6 is actual, I am OK with it.

My hardware is working only with the propriatary drivers and dkms packages are sufficient.