Le 08/01/2013 11:34, Colin Guthrie a écrit :
'Twas brillig, and Guillaume Rousse at 08/01/13 10:04 did gyre and gimble:
Le 08/01/2013 10:55, Colin Guthrie a écrit :
Thanks for the link but I have UsePAM=no commented on
/et/ssh/sshd_config, I suppose that's the default sshd configuration, I
have never touched that file on that machine.

The default is UsePAM=yes and has been since Mageia 2.
The term 'default' isn't quite appropriate here, as 'default' is usually
perceived as 'what is hardcoded in the binary if nothing is specified in
  the configuration file'. In our case, we don't change this, we just
tune the default configuration file.

Bit of a grey area really as to what "default" could mean but I accept
your point. We probably should patch the binary to be complete - I just
took the same patch as fedora out of convenience.
I don't think that would be very wise. Changing hardcoded value is really evil, because it's invisible from end-user point of view.

--
BOFH excuse #413:

Cow-tippers tipped a cow onto the server.