On 19 September 2010 21:12, Maurice <[email protected]> wrote:
> On 2010-09-19 at 18:38 Marc said:
>
>> I am also on the Mandriva news group and considering the
>> amount of  people who use Mandriva, very few seem to make use
>> of the group, and in contrast, the Mandriva forums were
>> pretty active
>
>   I tried following the Mandriva fora but found they were a
> sprawl - unfocussed and impersonal compared with the newsgroup,
> which has helped solve all my problems.
>   Indeed, were it not for that excellent newsgroup, I would
> probably have abandoned Mandriva long ago...
>

To each his own, I guess. I am sure some other users are more
comfortable using a forum. It probably depends to some degree on what
you started using first, a newsgroup or a forum.

>> and the official reps/moderators were at least
>> there to listen and respond. I don't believe that any
>> Mandriva rep. was ever on the news group
>
>  True - they were sheltering in the Mandriva fora!
> --
> /\/\aurice
> _______________________________________________
> Mageia-discuss mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://www.mageia.org/mailman/listinfo/mageia-discuss
>



-- 
Ahmad Samir
_______________________________________________
Mageia-discuss mailing list
[email protected]
https://www.mageia.org/mailman/listinfo/mageia-discuss

Reply via email to