The resizing occurs to the last image in  the sequence when using
-geometry without a size. You may be better off using -page ...
-flatten.  But -page is not gravity sensitive.

Or you might try using -geometry 100x100%+x+y  and see if that
preserves the size of the last image. I have not tried this to be
sure it works.

See
http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/layers/#convert
http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/layers/#flatten

 From the first link:

"Now the "-geometry" is is a very special operator that not only sets
an overlay position for the next "-composite" operation, it also
"-resize" the last image (and only the last image) in the current
image sequence."