On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 16:39:36 -0600
Peng Yu <pengyu...@gmail.com> wrote:
| Hi Fred,
|
| > Actually the -monochrome should come after the reading of the input.
|
| What is the difference betwee having -monochrome in the front and at
| the back? Thanks!

The normal action of "-monochrome" is to simply do "-type bilevel".
This has the result of forcing images to be pure black and white.

However it also has a weird side-effect I recently discovered while
reviewing the CLI API interface in that it sets a flag that effects
PDF image reading, forcing it to get a monochrome image from the
ghostscript interface.

It seems a little strange to me, and I would have thought doing
a "-type bilevel" would do the same thing, but evidentially that is not
the case, and I am not certain why!

I have flagged the option for further review, perhaps make it
exactly equivalent to "-type bilevel", which is both a setting and
a operator.

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    <a.thys...@griffith.edu.au>