I don't fully agree with the low importance. If you abort an export for
whatever reason and then cannot export the portfolio later on, then that
takes away the export from you entirely. I could export a user's
portfolio who had not had an unsuccessful export before without
problems, but not the one with the previously aborted export.

It can take a bit of time before the export file is displayed to the
user, I guess depending on its size. Thus, would it be possible to
include a "download export file" link? Because if you click on
"Continue", you go away from the page and the export is basically also
aborted and the portfolio cannot be exported the next time.

--
Retrieving export files

Status in Mahara ePortfolio: Triaged

Bug description:
Where are the portfolio export files stored? Apparently
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/547782) they are stored somewhere.

Could they be retrieved if the export fails? I generated an export, but
disconnected from the internet before the download was finished. Since then I
have not been able to download an export again. When I try to generate another
export (a couple of hours later, a day later), it usually does not do anything
but just say "Transferring...". After about a week, the progress bar in the
export moved and I got the link to "Continue". However, there was no file
offered for download.

It would be good to have access to these files for a day or so before they are
deleted or like Moodle does, put them in the home directory of the user.
However, that takes away portfolio space.

(Mahara 1.24)