Charlie, I tried to replicate your issue with the invalid dates, but it
seems to be working as expected for me.

I have however changed the 'weird' validation messages for the dates to
be more dynamic and thus be more descriptive ;).

I have attached a patch herewith.

Cheers!

** Patch added: "patch.patch"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/633632/+attachment/1686581/+files/patch.patch

--
I am getting weird validation message when editing access

Status in Mahara ePortfolio: New

Bug description:
Hello there, I have a view that am trying to edit the access so I selected

1.  "Public" "Logged In Users" and "Friends"

2.  I then entered 2010/09/09 in the "From" field the time was 11:06, I then
entered 2010/09/10 11:06 in the "To" field for all the selected viewers ie:
"Public" "Logged In User" and "Friends"

3. I then clicked on the "Save" button all the other block of dates disappeared
leaving only "Logged In Users"  and this message :"The stop date cannot be in
the past"  but the date is a present date and the "To" date had not expired
either. Here is the
URL:http://master.dev.mahara.org/view/access.php?id=774&new=  please find
attached the screen shot.

Version 1.3