I do think some organisation into sections is necessary, especially if
we end up retaining any of the 1.2 based documentation and how long for
etc (likewise for 1.3 when further versions come out).  Though I
understand about the desire to keep the documentation minimal in size.

>From 1.2 to 1.3 there were at least the introductions of Plans and Collections
>From 1.3 to 1.4 there are a significant amount of UI and terminology changes
>From 1.4 to 1.5 etc there could be any number of changes - skins vs themes for
>one? (unless that is in 1.4)

Perhaps just having an archive somewhere of previous versions would be
good.

Though, I see from the backlog that the wiki is to be migrated to
mediawiki so we could do the "versions" by way of adding categories and
that'd reduce the number of page double ups where things haven't changed
between versions?

I'm definitely willing to help out with documentation if we can come up
with an agreed plan.

  mahara.org wiki documentation needs to be updated for 1.3 and 1.4

Status in Mahara ePortfolio:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  Mahara wiki content needs an overhaul to bring it into line with 1.3
  and 1.4 versions.

  A lot of the existing 'User Guide' content doesn't seem to have been
  updated since ~2008 and it'd be good to separate the information out
  on the wiki into the two versions, much like how Moodle has gone about
  1.9 vs 2.0 documentation.

  Roadmap could also do with some structure and collation so information
  can be easily seen when new 1.5 roadmap specification items are added
  under a separate section.  It might be a good idea to try and avoid
  having wishlist items there anyway and keep those discussions on
  forums and here in launchpad before moving to the wiki as official
  design specifications/roadmap when ready.

  Ideas:
  - Roadmap -> 1.3/1.4 -> items/details -> specification (if available;
removing "wishlist")
  - User Guides -> 1.3/1.4 -> Dashboard/Content/Porfolio etc
  - Site Administration Guides -> 1.3/1.4 -> General/Groups/Users/Institutions
etc
  - Institution Administration Guides -> 1.3/1.4 ->

  Themes - has the design of this changed much between versions?
  System Adminstration Guide -  is it worth separating this out for ease of
finding information? does it vary much?
  Language Packs -  already has version availability table
  Plugins - shall we create versions here too and plugin maintainers can add
information when/if a plugin is upgraded for new versions? Or copy somewhat the
way that Language packs are currently maintaining supported versions?

  Some of the content might not change that much between versions but it
  might be worth separating that out now while we can to future proof
  for bigger version differences in those areas.

  I have only been looking at the English documenation. :)