Upgrading tinymce may help with this. When I tried it (on
http://demo.mahara.org), I couldn't tab into the body editing area, and
clicking didn't work either.

  Can't create blog and forum post on IE9

Status in Mahara ePortfolio:
  Triaged

Bug description:
  reported at http://twitter.com/TheOrganist/statuses/57704366584512512

  tested by me then on Windows 7 and IE9 with demo.mahara.org. I can
  also not edit a blog post. Provide title -> enter description -> Click
  save -> "Loading..." appears but doesn't do anything.

  Groups get created fine.

  When I want to create a forum post and enter subject as well as body,
  and click on "Post", the text in "Body" gets deleted and I get the
  message "This field is required" though I had entered text.

  These problems never happened in Firefox up to FF4.