Hi Kristina,

Have just done a quick test on this, it seems that if a user creates a
collection with multiple pages, then submits each of the pages, the
group admin will see the collection navigation, so it could be a bit
simpler.

For submitting collections, we can just submit all the pages in the
collection. This would still notify about each page though. Also new
pages in the collection wouldn't be submitted.

so basically two options,
- be able to submit collections as collections not individual pages (best
solution, most effort)
- be able to select all pages in a collection to submit (makes it easier for
students, teacher would still be able to see collection nav bar, downside is
there is still multiple notifications)

Cheers,

Hugh

  Wish: Submitting of collections

Status in Mahara ePortfolio:
  Triaged

Bug description:
  a wish from a teacher using Mahara:

  "Hi, at present it seems to me (love to be corrected!), it is not
  possible to submit a Collection as a single item, but only the
  individual pages within it.

  I have 28 students who have each worked to produce up to 12 pages each
  for a particular project. I have taught them to gather the pages into
  a collection for submission, but I can't see how to do this, so I am
  getting around  336 separate pages (with email notifications) to work
  through separately, and maybe in some random order  .

  I guess I could have taught them to link their pages with hyperlinks
  to produce a connected set of pages (disposing of the randomness), but
  this would still mean them uploading 12 separate pages.

  Cheers

  John"