Question #170955 on Mahara changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/mahara/+question/170955

Kristina Hoeppner proposed the following answer:
Hello Jason,

We (at least not Catalyst or anybody else that I know of) are not
actively working on improving this functionality. Richard Mansfield and
I talked about it recently.
https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development/Portfolio_Export_Import
resulted out of that. There are a couple of lines on improving the
import of a portfolio for existing users.

Cheers
Kristina

P.S. The Mahara discussions usually take place in the community forums
at http://mahara.org/interaction/forum/index.php?group=1 as not
everybody has an account on Launchpad. That's why it's rather quite here
in the Q&A section.

Mahara Contributors, which is an answer contact for Mahara.