** Changed in: mahara

  Content Journal link & dashboard journal display differently

Status in Mahara ePortfolio:
  Triaged

Bug description:
  Upgraded to Mahara 1.40 this summer.  Users are taken to a default "my
  name's blog" when clicking on the journal link under the content tab -
  with no option to add a new journal or to display any others that they
  might have created. If the same users click on the "Publish a Journal'
  link on the dashboard the button to create a new journal, and any
  other journals are also visible. The hyperlink from each of these two
  links appears to be the same.

   I've encountered the issue when working with staff who had Mahara
  accounts before the upgrade, as well as new students - when clicking
  on either link, I (the  administrator) see the option to create a new
  journal and all my existing journals, but others who have a second
  journal don't see it when clicking on the journal link under the tabs.

  I've found the reference to opting to have multiple journals from the
  individual's acount settings but this issue is really confusing our
  users who are encouraged to keep separate journals for different
  purposes. If I had option to enable multiple journals globally by
  default that would help - but users should see the all of their
  journals and ideally the same 'create' option from the tab link that
  they see from the dashboard.