   Textbox upgrade inserts too many rows per query in MySQL

  Upgrade from 1.3.6 to 1.5.1 fails due to max_allowed_packets
  configuration

Status in Mahara ePortfolio:
  Triaged

Bug description:
  When attempting an upgrade of existing Mahara 1.3.6 install to 1.5.1,
  the upgrade script fails on my installation with the error below.

  The problem seems to be in converting text blocks from within existing
  portfolio views into artefacts on their own. This happens in
  htdocs/artefact/internal/blocktype/textbox/db/upgrade.php:62-67

  This is accompanied by mysql error 2006 (mysql server has gone away),
  which might be tied to Mysql's max_packet_size or execution time.

  It's possible that this is due to the query being larger than the
  max_packet_size setting in MySQL (which is set to 1MB). I've verified
  this by setting max_allowed_packets to 4M on local server, which is a
  workaround for the issue.

  Error is attached.