** Changed in: mahara/1.5
    Milestone: None => 1.5.4

** Changed in: mahara/1.5
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Hugh Davenport (hugh-catalyst)

** Changed in: mahara/1.4
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Hugh Davenport (hugh-catalyst)

** Visibility changed to: Public

  XSS using user uploaded SVG files

Status in Mahara ePortfolio:
  In Progress
Status in Mahara 1.4 series:
  In Progress
Status in Mahara 1.5 series:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  I have come across a serious security issue on Mahara version 1.5 which can
  allow an attacker to store malicious script on latest version of Mahara.

  *Testing Environent:*
  *
  Operating System:* Windows 7 (32-bit)
  *Web Server: *WAMP v2.2
  *Browser:* Mozilla Firefox v15.0.1

  *Vulnerable Path URL Location:* http://localhost/mahara/artefact/file/

  *Description*: I uploaded a SVG file with malicious payload, Since there
  was no validation of the malicious content, I was successful to upload a
  file with malicous script.

  Kindly find the screenshots as an attachment along with this mail.

  I request you to kindly implement proper sanitization for handling file
  contents.

  Thank You.