Recently, MySQL has removed the variable 'have_innodb'. We need to run
'SHOW ENGINES' to check if Innodb is enable of not.

  Installation hangs with "Mahara requires InnoDB tables. Please ensure
  InnoDB tables are enabled in your MySQL server."

Status in Mahara ePortfolio:
  New

Bug description:
  Fresh install 1.7.1 on OSX Server 10.7.5
  MySQL 5.6.11 - MySQL Community Server
  Chrome 26.0.1410.65

  My MySQL Installation works flawlessly with some other products like moodle
2.5.
  Any new tables created with the mahara user via phpMyAdmin are InnoDB tables,

  show engines;

  gives

  InnoDB,DEFAULT,Supports transactions, row-level locking, and foreign
  keys,YES,YES,YES.

  So how to continue?