It's worth noting, langconfig.thisvalue is a high-visibility string. It
shows up in the dropdown menu that lets users select which language they
want to use, which makes it *very* confusing if it doesn't have the
correct name for the language.

  Confusion with lang/en.utf8/langconfig.php thislanguage

Status in Mahara ePortfolio:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  We found that in German language pack the string
  lang/en.utf8/langconfig.php thislanguage  was changed  from Deutsch to
  English by someone. This created a problem if the German language pack
  was installed.

  From perspective of translation its correct to translate the string
  English to Englisch. For this string its not correct to translate the
  term in this way.

  I don't know how to handle this in a better way.  Maybe its possible
  to add an information to the string.