** Information type changed from Private Security to Public Security

  Can attach other users' Folders to your Image Gallery block

Status in Mahara ePortfolio:
  Fix Released
Status in Mahara 1.5 series:
  Confirmed
Status in Mahara 1.6 series:
  Confirmed
Status in Mahara 1.7 series:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  Here's one we missed in Bug 1211758. You can manipulate the HTTP
  request data when selecting the Folder for an Image Gallery (aka
  "slideshow") block, to attach other users' folders.

  Because you lack permission to view the images, you wind up with a
  slideshow of "broken image" placeholders. But as was mentioned in
  1211758, you can still access the images by exploiting the lack of
  verification when you export.

  I tested the Folder block, and was not able to replicate this weakness
  there. So it appears to be limited to Image Gallery.