I wouldn't go for 1.

What about "General information"? I'd be OK with "System screens" though
they are a bit like "Site" as we usually speak of the entire system when
we mean the site, but an institution admin would change certain
information. "System notices" has the same issue for me as above. It's
even closer to notifications.

  Rename "Edit site pages" to "General pages"

Status in Mahara ePortfolio:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  "Edit site pages" existed for the entire site, but since bug #1254299
  now also for institutions. I find this wording unfortunate as you mix
  site pages into institution pages.

  I suggest we rename "Edit site pages" to "General pages". That way, we fix a
few things
  1. Get rid of "Edit": we don't have a verb in any of the other menu items
anymore.
  2. Get rid of "Site" because it can also be confused with the site
"portfolio" pages that can be created and used as templates for example.
  3. Still allows us to have the same menu item for institutions without mixing
site into institution.