** Tags added: nominatedfeature

  It is impossible to add custom CSS for blocks

Status in Mahara ePortfolio:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  class PluginBlocktype that used for artefact blocks doesn't have any methods
to load CSS files while it has two of them for JS:
  - get_instance_javascript
  - get_instance_inline_javascript

  I see two ways of customizing CSS for blocks, but they both have
  significant disadvantages:

  1. Load custom CSS for a block using js dynamic loader (dynamically
  create link tag to CSS in header). However, this way is quite limited
  because it doesn't support themes.

  2. Change docroot/theme/view.css. This way used for core artifcats
  like blog. However it is also bad, because it makes artefacts hard to
  distibute separate from Mahara (main view.css file is part of core).
  Also, lots of styles that need for unused blocks stored anyway.
  Generally it makes a bit of mess.

  My proposed solution is create style folder structure for blocktype as it
done for artefact:

artefact/[artefactname]/blocktype/[blockname]/theme/[themename]/static/style/style.css

  This file (if exists) will be loaded when block placed on current page
  and during page edit mode only.

  I am going to implement this functionality anyway, but want to know if
  community interested in this feature or may be there some workarounds
  that I don't know?