** Changed in: mahara/1.7

  Squelch PHP 5.4+ strict standards errors

Status in Mahara ePortfolio:
  Fix Released
Status in Mahara 1.7 series:
  Fix Released
Status in Mahara 1.8 series:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  Mahara sets its error reporting to E_ALL (in error.php). Prior to PHP
  5.4, E_ALL, despite the name, did not include E_STRICT. Starting with
  PHP 5.4, it does include E_STRICT.

  Since Mahara has been running all this time with E_STRICT messages
  silenced, there are a lot of E_STRICT violations in the codebase, and
  on PHP 5.4+ servers, the logs are so full of them as to be useless.

  In the long term we should fix all the E_STRICT warnings, but for the
  short term we should just silence them.