Hmm, by the looks of the code you patch checks for things in:

 local/theme/static/{$filename}

Whereas mine allows for finding a css file by whatever name you want to
give it.

In my example in the comments in local lib it shows how you could have a
local style.css file for each of the installed themes.

But you theoretically could pass back any path to a css file, which
could be useful if a mahara site was part of a larger site and you
wanted to include the larger site's css without having to create a new
theme.

  blockquote displays vertical line

Status in Mahara ePortfolio:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  I haven't noticed this before, so presume it's a 1.9.2 issue. When a
  blockquote is applied to content in a textbox it displays a vertical
  line (see screenshot). I thought the purpose of a blockquote was to
  indent the left & right margins eg to display a quote - the display of
  a grey bar on the left hand looks as if there is a glitch in the
  content. This seems to be getting pulled from core theme:

  blockquote {
      margin: 10px 30px;
      border-left: 2px solid #999999;
      padding-left: 1em;
  }

  Can this be amended so that the blockquote is invisible - then leave
  it to the user to format (eg with quotes or italics).

  Can anyone also confirm if this issue is present in 1.9.1 stable or if it
just affects the beta 1.9.2testing version?
  Thanks, Gordon.