I don't remember the context now.

I thought perhaps it was related to those 2 fields that were listed as
valid in the page, but couldn't actually be used (Bug1352027). I tried
reversing the patch applied there and uploading a CSV with those fields,
but I just got a PHP error, not an error message on the page.

I'll close it as invalid and learn to give better info for reproducing
the issue in future.

** Changed in: mahara

  Upload group from CSV error messages displayed as raw HTML

Status in Mahara ePortfolio:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  With current master, when attempting to upload a group from a CSV
  file, any error messages are displayed as raw HTML in the 'file' field
  error area.

  Patch coming which moves the errors to the general section, where
  they're rendered correctly.