** Changed in: mahara/1.8

  Display the Mahara major version to non-admins

Status in Mahara ePortfolio:
  Fix Committed
Status in Mahara 1.10 series:
  Fix Released
Status in Mahara 1.8 series:
  Fix Released
Status in Mahara 1.9 series:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  We purposefully chose *not* to display the Mahara minor version number
  on the bottom of the page, as part of the general security practice of
  not giving out unnecessary information. (That said, we may
  accidentally leak it in some places.)

  It'd be useful to know the Mahara *major* version, though, when
  looking at a site. And since this is easy to detect due to the
  addition of new features in each major release, it would not have any
  security ramifications.