** Changed in: mahara/1.9

** Information type changed from Private Security to Public Security

  Group member can't access their own group file

Status in Mahara ePortfolio:
  Fix Committed
Status in Mahara 1.10 series:
  Fix Released
Status in Mahara 1.8 series:
  Fix Released
Status in Mahara 1.9 series:
  Fix Released
Status in Mahara 15.04 series:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  I have a group, 'Group1' that has some members

  I log in as Member A, upload an image file to a group files and makes
  sure the role perms are all ticked for the file.

  I then log out and log in as Member B and I can un-tick the member and tutor
options for that file.
  On saving I can't see the file, which is correct.

  I then log out and in as Member A again. I can see the file listed in
  group files list but without the image icon and when I click on the
  filename I get Access denied message.

  It will also stop me from being able to download the file when using a
  'Files to download' block

  Conversely, the image will display in a image gallery block even for
  other members, who are not allowed to view image file.

  As Member A I can edit the file and re-tick the member role boxes to
  get proper access back - but is a bit of a pain if I have many files
  and another member has removed member role permissions.