Since Moodle doesn't really support MNet anymore, should we look into
making it IPv6 compatible? I'd rather focus the energy on getting the
web services to do so which should then also update SAML as that would
then make it into core (or at least the bits that aren't already).

  IPv6 Compliance

Status in Mahara:
  Confirmed
Status in Mahara 1.10 series:
  Won't Fix
Status in Mahara 15.04 series:
  Confirmed
Status in Mahara 15.10 series:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  Mahara: 15.04
  DB: any
  Browser: any
  OS: any

  Currently, Mahara is not compliant with the IPv6 protocol.

  Some places that need to change (where IP addresses are
  validated/checked):

   - SAML auth - validate URL Syntax (preg_match for IPv6 also).

   - DB: table - host.ipaddress needs to cater for 128 bit address.

   - Peer bootstrap:
       1) preg-match should also include IPv6 format;
       2) use of PHP function gethostbyname().

   - Zend third part library - current version only supports IPv4. We
  currently use version 1.10.6.

   MNET heavily relise on Zend.
   The latest Zend is on version 3. But there is a release for 1.12.11 - which
still doesn't support IPv6 (as far as I can tell).