Public bug reported:

Since a couple of versions of Mahara it is possible to add files to
comment of a user's page or artefact.

The manual says : "Comment authors can attach a file to their comment to
give you longer feedback or oral or video feedback. The files that they
add are placed into your personal *Files* area so you can use that
feedback later on."

The files (video, audio, text) are then added to the users' files area
and I understand that they count to determine the remaining allowed
space given by the admin to the users.

Because the size of documents added that way to users' files area is not
controlled by the users, I think it is not right to count these in the
calculation of the remaining quota.

1/ I suggest that files attached to comments are managed in a special
folders (e.g. Users'Files --> Commments) and that this folder don't
count to calculate the remaining users' disk quota.

2/ In addition to this we could have a site admin setting to manage a
quota for files attached to comments to avoid a server overloading by
tutors commenting on users' productions.

** Affects: mahara

  Feature request : Attached files to comments should not count toward
  disk usage of the users

Status in Mahara:
  New

Bug description: